Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My First Post!

I cannot tell you how excited I am to be joining the wonderful world of blogging!! I have been so inspired in parenting, crafting, decorating, cooking and my walk with God through the little window a blog allows us into other's lives. I do not intend to journal or blog about daily activities and life in our home. I feel that trying to record it all would take away from those sweet little everyday moments that I want to cherish and "live in". :) I DO want a place to share some of our favorite recipes and the many craft and home renovation and furniture projects that my husband and I enjoy. I hope to connect with some of you fellow crafters out there and to inspire you as I am inspired. :)

The projects you see in the coming days and months may be current or previous projects.... For the first, I decided to share my rocker redo from last year....I purchased it from Craigslist for $10 or $15. After ripping off the old fabric, I sanded the wood, primed it and painted it with extra paint from our kitchen cabinet redo. I added a bit of mocha antiquing glaze which I rubbed on and wiped off. I used furniture tacks and a staple gun to attach fabric to the back of the chair and recovered the existing seat cushion with a little extra quilt batting stuffed in. The fabric was leftover from upholstering our dining chairs (which I scored for $2/yd at WalMart!).
Before

After

3 comments:

  1. Yea! I'm your 1st follower! Awesome awesome! I've been procrastinating furniture redos and you just inspired me to get started. Literally. I started 5 minutes ago and messed up already but it's all good:0

    can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool chair, cool site. glad you joined the blogger world. miss ya and hope you are feeling better.
    rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flamingo- yay for you! So cool that you're already inspired! I have been through so much trial and error in my refinishing projects but sometimes the mistakes make the end result even better! They force you to take a different route. I love the feeling you get seeing something boring or ugly transformed into something beautiful. :) Must be how God feels as He refines us!
    And Rosa- thanks! I am doing ok. Hoping to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete