Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Simple Burlap Wreath Tutorial

I love all the homemade wreaths that are out right now! And this particular one is the easiest by far out of all I have made! You simply need:
~A straw or foam wreath (I found it less messy to leave the plastic wrapper on my straw wreath although the plastic melted some, it was fine. And the little bit that shows through the loose-weave fabric gives it a hint of sparkle!)
~Burlap fabric
~A hot glue gun
~Paper and fabric for embellishments


1. I began by cutting three wide strips (about 3" in width) the length of the burlap fabric

2. Tack one end of one burlap strip down to the back of the wreath with hot glue

3. Wrap the fabric around the wreath, gluing it to the back of the wreath each time you wrap it around the back


4. Tack the end of each strip to the back of the wreath with hot glue and begin a new strip by gluing it to the back and wrapping around, overlapping existing strip.


5. Once you have completely covered the wreath, tack the end of the last strip to the back.

6. Your wreath is finished! I will post embellishments soon...

:) Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment