Friday, April 29, 2011

Wreath Embellishments- As Promised

Ok- so for the most fun and most beautiful part of the project! A few days ago I showed you how to make a burlap wreath.... and today, I will show you the embellishments/ flower instructions.
1. Cut a circle of fabric (does not need to be perfect!)

2. Cut in an inch from the edge and continue around the inside of the circle until you have created a pinwheel effect.
3. Beginning with the very center, pinch the fabric between your fingers and wrap the whole length of fabric around the center piece to form a flower shape.
4. Tack the end piece to the side of the flower with hot glue.
5. Attach to wreath by placing a large amount of glue on the back of the flower.
I made a smaller flower out of a music sheet using this same method. I then cut some leaf shapes from the music sheet and glued those on as well. 

I also folded a sheet of music, accordion style, folded it in half, and attached it as a little fan.


I also made a burlap flower by
1. Cutting a long thin strip of burlap


2. Gathering one end in my fingers and wrapping the rest around the center, twisting as I went
3. Stitching the bottom of the flower together with thread and
4. Gluing it to the wreath
Simply add as many or little embellishments as you like and voila!, you have one cute lil wreath! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment