Friday, May 27, 2011

Quick and Easy Weeknight Meal

These days I am all about quick and easy and... HEALTHY. But that seems so hard to come by. One night this past week I was busy up until dinner time and quickly threw together a meal we all loved! Must have been a miracle. Seriously, not one complaint or "I'm not hungry" out of anyone. :) Makes this momma happy! So I thought I'd share in case you are in my boat too! lol

I started with a pound of boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins (antibiotic and hormone free), drizzled a teaspoon of EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil in Rachael Ray speak) in a skillet, chopped the chicken into chunks with my kitchen shears, and tossed it in with sliced red onion and red, green and orange bell pepper. I added roughly a teaspoon of each: oregano, basil and salt. I squeezed a bit of fresh lemon juice over the top and grated in a few cloves of fresh garlic. I added just a teeny bit of hot pepper flakes and a bit of black pepper. I cooked it till the chicken was no longer pink (about 10 min) and placed a lid on the skillet while cooking another five minutes to soften up the veggies.

I also cooked a package of spinach stuffed organic pasta according to package directions (6 minutes) and tossed in some fresh chopped spinach and cherry tomatoes and a small bit of feta cheese.



And here it is! Dinner in 15 minutes and it was soooo good! And did I mention I got the yellow sticker chicken at Wal-Mart? (on sale for $1.50 less per pound!)  And my pasta was a deal from my local discount grocery at 99 cents a pack! :) Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment